Mark and Dave's
Bed & Breakfast Inn in Rivas, Nicaragua
About this property
All inclusive, right on the beach Nicaragua. Offshores winds all day 300+ days a year. Great surf, beach break and reef pulling in year round waves for beginner to expert. Let our staff pamper you from great food from our chef Zach to day trips to nearby volcano's or just relax and take in the breathtaking views from our pools right on the sand. The fishing is incredible. Let our managers set you up with a great massage or fishing trip. There is tons to do or little to do, you decide.
Also we have the most comfortable rooms ever. New beds and linens that are hard to get out of. Each room has it's own flat screen with DVD player if you really want to get away. We have everything you would want from unlimited wireless internet or Sat. T.V with Sports package. to catch your favorite shows if you desire. All the pleasures of home but in the middle of paradise. Come join us for your best trip ever to Central America.
We run on a 7day / 7night (saturday to saturday) schedule for those people that can only escape to paradise one week at a time. We are capable of accommodating up to 10 people in 5 private rooms (+ room for many more off site). Each room includes two new full (w/pillow top) beds, hot water shower, tv/dvd, and Ipod docking stereo with vintage Nicaraguan design and appeal. Please use the contact form on the side to inquire about available dates.
Our “All Inclusive Package” - covers accommodations, meals, airport transportation and beverages (1.5 cases of beer per guest) - group packages start at $1,450+ per person. We can accommodate groups ranging from 1 to 10+ guests
Your week long (Saturday to Saturday) stay includes:
1. Airport Greeting and roundtrip transportation
2. Private Transportation (available upon request)
3. Our chef will provide - 3 meals per day, fresh fruit, snacks and appetizers (pre-sunset), water, gatorade, and beer
4. Beach front accommodations with 2 private pools on the sand located directly in front of Ponga Drops and Mark and Dave’s peaks
5. 7 days/7 nights accommodation
6. 24 hour Security
7. Air Conditioned Rooms
8. TV/DVD & Ipod docking stereo in each room / “60 in. Flat screen TV” in the main area with DVD, Satalite (NFL,NBA, and MLB sport packages), and Apple TV (over 40 movies)
9. Access to our private 9 hole golf course (club and golf cart rental available - bring T’s and balls as they are expensive at the pro shop)
10. Purified Bottled Water and Ice
11. Private access to two of the best waves in Nicaragua - Colorado’s & Ponga Drops (Other surfers access by boat or walk 45-60 minutes)
12. Free wireless internet
13. Super comfy beds!
14. "Tavarua style" service
Q & A:
Frequently asked questions:
1. What do I need to bring?
Please check out our "Essentials" checklist on the Travel Information page.
2. What are the waves like?
You will have Private access to two of the best waves in Nicaragua - Colorado’s & Ponga Drops (Other surfers have to access by boat or walk 45-60 minutes) Most of our guests prefer to stay at the house and surf the waves on our beach exclusively, our guide can also book a charter boat or take you to other surfing locations. find out why we are in the best location possible by visiting our "Waves" section.
3. What health precautions should I take?
Please consult your doctor before any international excursion. In general you will need to update your tetanus shot and hepatitis series shots as well. Remember to bring any prescription medication with you.
4. Can I check my e-mails and get online?
Yes! Unlimited Wireless Internet is available at Mark and Dave’s Place - “no extra charges” - bring your laptop and plug in - electrical outlets are the same as the United States.
5. How much money do I need to take?
We recommend $100 to $500+… US dollars are accepted everywhere, so you can always take what you don’t use home.
6. What happens when I arrive in Managua?
1. Once you arrive into Managua a representative will greet you in the baggage area and transfer you to a waiting van
2. On the way to Mark and Dave’s you will travel back in time through a landscape of grass fields, active volcanoes, and colonial cities that exist as though they have been trapped in time. Cold drinks will be provided in the van along with a stop ( around 2 hours into the drive) in Rivas for a Pizza lunch. Pizza is ordered in route, so there will be little time wasted.
3. Back on the road we wind our way towards the ocean and eventually onto a 12 mile (35 minutes) dirt road to the main gate to Mark and Dave’s Place.
4. With some of the best surf at your doorstep and a private golf course. Once inside the gate there is very little reason to leave.
5. Your daily routine will focus on the waves and activities available inside the compound; however, if you are interested in surfing another beach, going fishing, or doing anything else, our ground staff in Nicaragua will coordinate whatever you desire.
6. Once your trip is complete, you’ve got your last surf in and are ready to go - you will head back to the airport 2 1/2 hours away, catch your flight, and we’ll see you again next year!
- Boards Included
- Board Rentals Nearby
- Beginner Surf Lessons
- Kid Friendly
- This Property For Sale
- Outdoor Shower
- Wireless Internet
- Pets Considered
- Smoking Allowed
|Per Month||Call for Info|
This property is located near Panga Drops. A horseshoe shaped rock / beach break that produces some of the regions best waves. This wave can hold more size than nearby Playa Colorado, up to 3x overhead. Big drops and long walls can be expected. Intermediate to advanced.
This property is also located near Los Perros. A fickle, seldom surfed right point break. The wave is fun to surf sometimes but don't count on anything.
This property is also located near Playa Colorado. Playa Colorado is a river mouth beach break that serves up some of the best waves in Nicaragua. Any hint of south swell gets funneled into A-Frame peaks groomed to perfection by the constant offshore wind. The wave is a mix of barrels, peaks, sections, and ramps that revolve around the mood of the ocean and tides. Colorados can dish out incredible barrels when the elements come together. Its power will surprise you at times, it is one of the most consistent spots in Central America as well. Be prepared to break a board or two during your visit, but also be prepared to get some of the best rides of your life over one of the best sandbars imaginable!
- Point break
- Beach break
- Reef break
- Short board
- Beginner/Learn to Surf
- Warm water
Surfer ReviewsThis property has no reviews yet.
Mark and Daves setup - one of Nicaragua's best surf
It's hard being in spot A.
Mark and Daves surf front dining
Sunset looking towards the point at Playa Colorado
Get a masssage outside on the sand or in your room.
The most comfortable beds you will ever sleep in.
Fun for the family or a boys trip.
17 Dorado in an hour please. Surf and turf for dinner.
Perfect sand bottom beach breaks
As the playoffs unfold you don't have to miss a thing.
One of the ladies enjoying the pool and watching the
The Surf Forecast Board so you can plan your surf week
Playful left peels along the beach in front of Mark