ThunderBomb Surf Camp
Surf Camp in Santa maria Del Mar, Nicaragua
About this property
Beachfront Surf Camp in Northern Nicaragua
At ThunderBomb surf camp, you will have a once in a lifetime, mind blowing surf experience. Experience uncrowded waves with luxury accommodations.
ThunderBomb Surf Camp is directly located on the beautiful beach of Santa Maria Del Mar and was designed to have an appearance of a small resort without taking away the home away from home feel. With 5 separate houses on a small property you will have all the privacy in the world with only steps away from the large tiki bar and ocean. For our chefs we have a separate house holding a large restaurant class kitchen. Our Camp was designed for the addicted surfer keeping in mind a great ambience for a family vacation or group surf trip. With our green surroundings and great sunsets we hope you make it home yearning to return to ThunderBomb Surf Camp
With the exception of the unique tiki bar loft all our rooms have the luxury of A/C and television. Did I mention the tiki? It is our center point and located directly on the water. This large space houses hammocks, a yoga platform for practicing or learning, large round tables for dinner or playing games and an inviting bar with friendly helpers.
Waves and Surfing
Here you can surf world-class waves, get barreled at "The Boom", carve epic points, or even learn to surf without the crowds that plague the beaches of Costa Rica and southern Nicaragua. With our surf vehicles and local boat captains you will have the freedom to surf more than just the beach out front. Here's more details about some of our favorite (and closest) waves.
- Santa Maria - This peaky beach break is located right in front of the tiki and is perfect for beginner and intermediate surfers.
- The Boom - Slowly gaining recognition as a world class beach break, this thundering wave can be heard from quite a distance. Compared to Hossergor without the crowds and Puerto Escondido without the size capability. Many peaks set up along a sandy beach throwing tropical A-frames in shallow water allowing for some epic barrels.
- Island Point - Only accessible by boat, this left-point can handle any size and works on all tides with rippable walls that go forever!
Rates and Packages
Our standard all inclusive package $899 - $1099/person*
- Unlimited direct transportation via 4×4 to “The Boom” and surrounding reefs.
- 1 free boat trip to the point.
Our package for couples or groups new to surfing $999 - $1299/person*
- 2 hours of lessons per day (for the first 4 days on a great learning beach)
- 1 hour of post-surf session discussion with photos/videos.
- Unlimited surf board rentals included
The Ultimate Surf Experience $1299 - $1499/person*
- 2 long distance trips via 4X4 to Puerto Sandino and or MeatGrinders/Hemorrhoids/Asuchillo
- Unlimited direct 4×4 transportation to “the boom” and surrounding reefs
- 2 boat trips to the point (when the weather allows)
*prices vary depending on group size and time of year.
All Packages include
- Transport to and from Managua airport in private AC shuttles
- 7 days 6 nights deluxe beach front accommodations in an air conditioned room
- Your own personal surf guide with local knowledge that speaks English.
- Enjoy 3 Full meals per day prepared by our resident chef (Mexican, Asian, Nica, Vegetarian, American BBQ and, of course, fresh fish!)
- Unlimited water, rum n cokes(Nica libres) and fresh fruit drinks
- 24-hour security
Whether you are looking to book an all-inclusive guided surf tour, learn to surf, or book a vacation rental, ThunderBomb Surf Camp in northern Nicaragua is the place for you!
- Beginner Surf Lessons
- Kid Friendly
- Outdoor Shower
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Fire pit
- Smoking Allowed
This property is located near Playa Santa Maria. Peaky beach break suitable for beginners and intermediates.
This property is also located near The Boom. A world class beach break, this thundering wave's "boom" can be heard from far away. Multiple peaks set up along a sandy beach throwing tropical A-frame tubes in shallow water allowing for some epic barrels.
- Point break
- Beach break
- Reef break
- Short board
- Beginner/Learn to Surf
- Warm water
Surfer ReviewsThis property has no reviews yet.
Hammock view of the surf in front of Thunderbomb camp
Surfing another incredible beach break in Northern
Barreling peaks at The Boom
"The Boom" surf break is just a short ways up the beach
Group dinner in the Tiki Bar
Post surf breakfast
Beach view from the tiki bar loft
Enjoy outdoor living and dining at the Surf Camp
Thunderbomb has 5 separate houses
Our tiki bar loft is a great low cost option
Boat trip, headed to uncwrowded world-class waves
Bring your buddies to Thunderbomb Surfcamp
Empty Northern Nica beaches with great waves
Tube time at The Boom
Exploring empty waves in our 4x4
Volano looming over northern Nicaragua