Juluchuca is a small private community located in Guerrero, Mexico. The natural landscape includes a coastal forest and mangrove ecosystem, an estuary, an Aztec architectural site, and a turtle sanctuary. The nearby town of Petatlan has restaurants and shops; supplies should be brought in.
Also known as Playa Icacos. La Barrita is a powerful short river mouth break that offers rights and lefts. Shortboards are best here. Consistency is year-round with mainly summer swells; the best months being May through July.
- Skill LevelAdvanced
- ConsistencyYear round, Mainly summer swells
- Wave LengthShort
- Wave DirectionRight, Left
- Board TypeShortboard
- Type of BreakRiver mouth
- Swell directionsS
- Best wind directionsN, NE
- Crowd levels / weekFew
- Crowd levels / weekendFew to Crowded
- SeabedSand, Rocks
- Best tidesMid, Rising, Falling
- Access ByPublic Beach, Paddle out