Loma Bonita is a small community located in Guerrero, Mexico. The name, 'beautiful mountain', refers to the area's lush green hills. The nearby town of Petatlan has restaurants and shops; supplies should be brought in.
Also known as Loma. Loma Bonita is a powerful and short beach break that goes right and left. Shortboards, fishboards, and bodyboards are ideal for this fast and hollow wave. Consistency is pretty fair year-round with mainly summer swells.
- Skill LevelAdvanced
- ConsistencyYear round, Mainly summer swells
- Wave LengthShort
- Wave DirectionRight, Left
- Board TypeShortboard, Bodyboard
- Type of BreakBeach
- Swell directionsS
- Best wind directionsN, NE
- Crowd levels / weekFew to Crowded
- Crowd levels / weekendCrowded
- Best tidesMid, Rising, Falling
- PowerPowerful, Barreling
- Access ByPublic Beach, Paddle out