Punta Mita is located on the north end of Banderas Bay in Nayarit, Mexico. The warm water and the variety of breaks make it the perfect destination for surfers at any skill level. While there are plenty of beaches, they are privately accessed. El Anclote Beach is publicly accessed. The area consists of luxury resorts, residential developments, and golf courses, making it one of the most exclusive resort communities in Mexico.
Also known as Dinosaurs, Veneros is a classic reef break with a long right that pitches when the wind is offshore (usually every morning). The wave is very much like Malibu Point, only more hollow. Shortboards are ideal here, but longboards are good too. Consistency is year-round with mainly winter swells.
About the Access
Access is next to the Rancho Banderas entrance with a short hike in. If you're not staying on the beach, you access the break via the public access beach called Destiladeras.
Current Surf Report
- Surf Height1 - 2 ft
- Wind4 mph
Last updated: 3 weeks ago
- Skill LevelBeginner, Intermediate
- ConsistencyYear round, Mainly winter swells
- Wave LengthNormal
- Wave DirectionRight, Left
- Board TypeLongboard, Shortboard
- Type of BreakReef
- Swell directionsS, SW, W
- Best wind directionsE, NE
- Crowd levels / weekFew to Crowded
- Crowd levels / weekendCrowded
- SeabedBig Rocks, Sand, Sea Urchins
- Best tidesMid, High
- PowerPowerful, Barreling
- Access ByHike in, Boat drop in, Paddle out